Sunday, March 25, 2012

I'm Glad We Didn't Have Social Media!

Hello All!

Every once in a while, I think of something that is worth sharing (its very rare). Today I saw a tweet about where we would be if there was no social networking. That is such a fascinating topic. It has been such an important part of our lives for several years now and it has seemingly changed the fabric of our society.

Instead of giving you the checklist on what NOT to do in social networking, I will tell you what I would have probably done that would have been wrong/stupid/irresponsible when I was in high school...

I would have definitely vented on social media. What I mean is I would have complained about work, school, friends, parents, etc. This is obviously a terrible, terrible platform for such things! Everyone would have seen it and you can't take it back! Not to mention that as a Christian, it is counter-productive to winning souls to Christ! I would have definitely been guilty of this. Here is the thing, as a teenager, you are going to get frustrated. You are close to adulthood, but without the privileges that come with it. Its a tough time. So, do what we did growing up, call a friend and talk! It is private, you get your frustrations out and you don't say something that is destructive (and in some cases illegal) on twitter or facebook.

In short, there is nothing wrong with social media in and of itself. I personally will not follow anyone that complains, why would I listen to negativity by choice!

So, be careful what you do on social media!

No comments:

Post a Comment