Monday, August 24, 2009

Even so...It is well with my soul

So...I had a tough little ordeal yesterday that was out of nowhere. My dad was admitted to the hospital with a severe headache and numbness and we were afraid it was a stroke, however, it ended up being a migraine headache, which he had never had before. Anyway, as I was driving to the greenville hospital, something hit me. There is nothing that will shake my faith in Christ. I thought to myself 'if God decided to take my dad tonight, even so...it is well with my soul.' The Lord is faithful and his plan for our lives is better than anything we can conjure up in our wildest dreams. I found such peace and hope in the uncertainty as I drove the 35 minutes to greenville and learned that I WILL NOT be shaken...Christ is my only hope. It is in those moments of uncertainty, when our faith is tested, that we see our true hearts. If you would ask me how I would handle that situation, I am not sure how I would have answered, but Christ is more than enough for me.

Let me stress that this is Christ and the Holy spirit working in my life to bring this peace, it is not something that I have earned or deserve...it is the greatest gift...the GIFT of Salvation. In that salvation, the holy spirit lives inside of me and brings peace. I cannot say this enough, I suck...I fail all the time...I am an unworthy recipient of God's grace.

After getting to the hospital, I was calm and peaceful, knowing that whatever happened God was completely in control.

I left the hospital last night with no idea of what had happened to dad and still wondering if he would be ok...but I woke up this morning to read and read 1 Samuel 2. Samuel's mother, Hannah, said an amazing prayer that I want you to see...

Then Hannah prayed, "My heart rejoices in the Lord! The Lord has made me strong. Now I have an answer for my enemies; I rejoice because you rescued me. No one is holy like the Lord! There is no one besides you; there is no Rock like our God.
-1 Samuel 2:1-2

She continues with her prayer and here are some of the verses that stuck out to me...

"The Lord gives both death and life; he brings some down to the grave but raises others up." 2:6

"The Lord makes some poor and others rich; he brings some down and lifts others up."
2:7

How amazing is our God?? How incredible is his power?

I know one thing for sure...no matter what life throws at me, I will not be shaken.

Even so...it is well with my soul.

I WILL GO
Chase Culbertson

No comments:

Post a Comment