Saturday, August 22, 2009

The Week in Review...

This was an amazing week and God has done some amazing works in many lives! We have tons of work to, but God will provide. Here are some things that I learned this week...
1) I underestimate God.
2) I underestimate students.
3) I underestimate my abilities through God.
4) I underestimate the importance of true worship.
5) A week of following hard after Christ cannot be ruined by any circumstances.

Here are some verses that rocked me this week:

"Pray in the Spirit at all times and on every occasion. Stay alert and be persistent in your prayers for all believers everywhere."
-Ephesians 6:18

"People may be pure in their own eyes, but the Lord examines their motives."
-Proverbs 16:2

Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.
-Proverbs 13:20

Young people who obey the law are wise; those with wild friends bring shame to their parents.
-Proverbs 28:7

And my favorite...

"A wise youth harvests in the summer, but one who sleeps during harvest is a disgrace."
-Proverbs 10:5

What a convicting passage! Lord, I pray to never be a disgrace to you. May I work, for the harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few (Luke 10:2).

Ironically, in my own quiet time, I am not reading any of these books...I am currently in 1 Samuel and read a couple chapters in Judges and the Book of Ruth last week. As I was getting ready for The Chill service this week, I started flipping through Proverbs and the before mentioned scriptures caught my eye.

Lastly...here is a recap of The Chill service from yesterday. The series is called Distraction and week one was about 5 things that show your BF/GF is distracting you from God...we had 150 students there, btw!!

1) Your Quiet Time
2) Your Motives
3) Your Thoughts
4) Your Involvement
5) Your Christian Friends' Opinions

God is doing work...are you?

I WILL GO
Chase Culbertson

No comments:

Post a Comment