Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Relationship: Post 3: You are too ugly to get a date (And other lies of the devil).

Well, let me start this post by saying thank you for reading this blog! I have been amazed by the amount of students that have read this series so far and has asked me to hurry up with the posting! Anyway, my prayer is that through this series, God will show you His plan for YOUR dating life...there isn't an exact science for all students, but through following hard after Christ and praying for guidance, you can make the decisions best for your situation and spiritual walk.

Now, to tonights post...

I would like to do this post in two sections.

Section One: What the World says (the lie)...

Listen, you have to have a date, I mean what kind of loser doesn't? Do you want people talking bad about you and running that mouth behind your back? Of course you don't...Dudes, you know your friends are gonna think you are gay if you don't date somebody, right? You don't want your friends thinking you are gay do you? (Let me stop here...remember this is what the world says, not my opinion, my opinion is in the next section)! What if all your friends have dates, what are you gonna do on the weekend? All your friends are going on dates, making out at the movies and messing around at each others' houses, don't you want to experience that stuff? Maybe the reason you aren't dating anyone is because everybody thinks you are ugly...maybe, just maybe you aren't good enough for a date, or at least a good one. Maybe you should just settle for that slutty chick or that player thats just trying to get in your pants, after all, isn't that what its all about? I mean, its not that big of a deal, if everyone is doing it, then no one can point the finger, right? (I'm reading someone's mail on this...)

Do any of these examples hit home with you? If so, the ENEMY is attacking you. Please understand that these things can easily be believed if we allow it.

Section 2: What God says (the truth)...

Do you know how much He loves you? Do you understand that no guy or girl can EVER replace His affection for you? Did you know that He pursued you and wooed you unlike any guy or girl ever would? Do you know that there is no end to His love for you? Did you know that He made you in His image, which makes you completely and totally beautiful? Did you know that if you NEVER have a date that you can still find hope and love in Him? Did you know that you NEVER have to settle for anything less that His BEST for you? He loves you so much...I would say that he would do anything for you, but he already has...remember? Can I remind you of it...John 3:16 sums it up. Why do you try to replace His love for the love of some boy who is just trying to see how far he can go with you?

I hope you can feel my heart and love for you as you read this blog! I have and still deal with some of the insecurities that you deal with and all I can say is that OUR GOD IS BIGGER! His love is BIGGER! You are not ugly, you are beautiful...and God wants to remind you of that daily.

Lastly, girls...if you do not have a Father at home that tells you that you are beautiful...I am so sorry, you deserve better. You are beautiful and my heart breaks for you...I am actually tearing up as I write this. Here is the good news...you can ensure that your daughter is told that she is beautiful by a GODLY husband someday, if you follow hard after Christ and trust that he will keep his promise to you.

Do not trade the truth for a lie...

The Next Post: I honestly (think) I love you...this one is gonna be FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment