Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Another Productive Day...

Yesterday, I kept to myself for most of the day. I am not used to being around people all the time and I think it was starting to wear on me a little. But, around 3, I was ready to sociable again. It was a perfect day to be a hermit because with the Strike going on, we couldn't go anywhere. The rally in the plaza ended around 3 and the soccer team arrived around that time. So, we all hung out for a while then ate dinner at 5. The hostel owner cooked dinner, which is good because there was nothing to eat in town.

In the evening, half of us went to see the doctor and myself and the other half went to Miraflores to visit a member of the church there, it is about a 15 minute walk, but she was very welcoming and invited us into her little mud hut. So, we crammed in there and told bible stories together, she knew a lot of the details. We are encouraged that she may start bible studies eventually, she is a very sweet lady.

Today, we are going to basically follow the soccer team around. They have a game today in town and I hope they win!

The strike is techinically still on, but shops opened last night and we hope today will be a normal day here in orurillo.

I want to leave you with a passage from a book that all of you should read if you haven't. This passage is from the Book of Jude:

"But you, dear friends, must build each other up in your most high faith, pray in the power of the Holy Spirit, and await the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ, who will bring eternal life. In this way, you will keep yourselves safe in God's love. And you must show mercy to those whose faith is wavering. Rescue others by snatching them from the flames of judgment. Show mercy to still others, but do so with great caution, hating the sins that contaminate their lives."
-Jude 20-23

Continue to lift us up in prayer as I will you.

I WILL GO
Chase Culbertson

No comments:

Post a Comment