Sunday, July 12, 2009

What I saw in Revelation...

Ok...so I read Revelation in two days and it definitely is a mystery to me. I could list the 1,000 things I don't understand about this book, or focus on what I learned from this amazing prophetic book of God. So, here are ten things I saw...

1. God is going to kick some tail.
2. God's wrath is gonna suck for those who do not believe.
3. Many Christians are going to be persecuted in the last days.
4. God will show final mercy to the Jews.
5. Unconfessed sins are ALWAYS punished.
6. We should all fear God, all the time.
7. He is coming back, dipped in blood.
8. He loves us.
9. The new Jerusalem is going to be awesome!
10.The enemy will be defeated once and for all!

This passage is the hope we have for our eternity...

Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the old heaven and the old earth had disappeared. And the sea was also gone. And I saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven like a beautiful bride prepared for her husband. I heard a loud shout from the throne, saying, "Look, the home of God is now among his people! He will live with them, and they will be his people. God himself will be with them. He will remove all of their sorrows, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. For the old world and its evils are gone forever." And the one sitting on the throne said, "Look, I am making all things new!" And then he said to me, "Write this down, for what I tell you is trustworthy and true." And he also said, "It is finished! I am the Alpha and the Omega – the Beginning and the End. To all who are thirsty I will give the springs of the water of life without charge! All who are victorious will inherit all these blessings, and I will be their God, and they will be my children. But cowards who turn away from me, and unbelievers, and the corrupt, and murderers, and the immoral, and those who practice witchcraft, and idol worshipers, and all liars – their doom is in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur. This is the second death."
-Revelation 21:1-8 (NLT)

On another note, God is not anti-war...clearly. It is in the New Testament and the Old...i'm just sayin' Are there unjust wars, of course there are...but war in and of itself is not wrong.

This is my prayer for all of you today...

Heavenly Father,
Please be with all who read this today. May your blessings fall upon them as they live their lives to please you and you alone. May they find hope in your future for them, both on Earth and in Heaven. May you show Yourself to them so clearly that they have no choice but to praise and exalt You wherever they may be. May You be lifted high in all of their lives because you have rescued them from the fiery flames of judgment. We all deserve hell, that is a fact, but thanks to Jesus' blood on the cross, death and hell have been defeated! Lord, help us to never forget that fact. Remind us daily of the grace and mercy you continually show us. For anyone who is reading this blog that may not know you...may your convicting power captivate them and may your grace change them even as they read this. Lord, you alone are worthy of praise, you alone are perfect, you alone are majestic, you alone are our Lord. May all we do glorify you. Amen.

Now that I have finished the New Testament, I am having a hard time deciding where to go next, I read the first 5 books (well, most of it...I got bored) and the minor prophets in the winter...so I am not sure what to read next. If you have any suggestions, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment