Friday, July 24, 2009

Let it snow...

Not a whole bunch going on, we are basically wrapping up our time here. But, this morning...IT SNOWED. It snowed for about 15 minutes, but none stuck. It was really pretty though and I tried to get it on camera, but not sure if I had any luck! It was the first time Claudia had been in snow, so that was exciting! Also, since I am a geography teacher, I feel I should explain how unique this was! Ok...the Southern Peru mountains have a wet season and a dry season, which is different from the U.S. The wet season is during their summer and the dry season is during their winter. It is almost always cold enough to snow at night in the winter, but the air is too dry for such. There have been many days that it has been cloudy and it will look like it is gonna snow or rain, but it never does, because the air is so dry. But, this morning...I heard something hitting my roof and it was sleet, the sleet quickly changed to snow and I knew that I was seeing a very special thing.
I still can't believe it...

Wow...ok, with that said, it is so cold here today! The sun is still behind the clouds and although its nearly noon here, it feels like its in the low 30's outside and windy. Maybe we will see some more snow, but I would be ultra shocked if that happened! I am cleaning up my room and packing to leave Orurillo for good and getting really excited about seeing everyone and giving my family presents! I am gonna have to pay for excessive baggage on my flights but its totally worth it!

Let me leave you with a verse from Judges, the book I am reading currently...

When Gideon realized that it was the angel of the Lord, he cried out "Oh, Sovereign Lord, I'm doomed! I have seen the angel of the Lord face to face." "It is all right," the Lord replied. Do not be afraid. You will not die.
-Judges 6:22-23

We must fear the Lord if we are to do amazing things for Him. Later in the book of Judges we will find out that Gideon is an amazing judge and man of God. Let's be more like Gideon today!

I WILL GO
Chase Culbertson

No comments:

Post a Comment