Thursday, July 9, 2009

The Day before my b-day...busy busy.

Yesterday we were able to meet with some believers in town and encourage them to do bible studies. Also, the soccer team played some pick up games at a small court at the police station, where orurillo's finest do absolutely nothing! However, most of the day I sat in my room as the soccer team took turns using my computer, which was cool because we had some good conversations. It has been a welcomed site having them in town and I have loved getting to know many of them.

Today is one of our busiest days since we have been here. We have bible studies at 9, soccer matches at 10 and 1, more bible studies at 4, then 6 with dinner at 5. It should be an interesting day, I really hope we can get someone in town to start a bible study soon! Hoping to find time to trim my beard (which is massive) and my hair today because the soccer team has hair trimmers with them.

Tomorrow we are spending the day in Ayaviri for my b-day and I am excited about that. Twenty gringos celebrating my b-day should be fun! Also, I haven't bathed in a longggggg time, so I am taking a shower on my b-day. It will be a happy day for me and anyone who has had to be around me lately!

P.S. The strike is techinically still on, but it is only transportation, stores were open all day yesterday. Today is the last day of the strike, they know better than to strike on my b-day (just kidding).

I WILL GO
Chase Culbertson

No comments:

Post a Comment