Saturday, July 25, 2009

In Juliaca

We decided to leave a day early from Orurillo, so our time there is over. I have way too much packed and I am wondering how I will keep up with it for the next week!

Today, we handed out around 45 blankets to families in extremely rural areas of Southern Peru. We traveled wayyyyyyyy off the beating path to meet some shepherds and give them some blankets. In the mountains, it is even colder that in the villages, so these people deal with freezing weather even more than a villager. We did see snow again today, which was awesome! To give you an idea of how remote it was, it took us an hour to get there, from our village of 3000, which is still fairly small. I would tell you where these people lived, but I have no idea where we were, other than not in any village. It was a great ending to our time in orurillo and I will never forget our last day there.

Tomorrow, we will travel to Chupa, with 50 blankets...somehow.

Here are the plans

July 26th-28th: Chupa
July 28th-30th: Juliaca
July 30th: Fly to Lima
July 31st-August 1st: Final Debriefing
August 1st: To da airport.

I WILL GO
Chase Culbertson

No comments:

Post a Comment