Sunday, June 7, 2009

3 Days Til Peru.

It is so fitting that in my journey through the New Testament, that I would be reading 2 Timothy right before I take a trip to do God's work. Granted I may not be as young as most scholars believe Timothy was, I am still a young man, at least in my own eyes! What an amazing book.

As I was reading this morning, I noticed some passages that are so incredible. I really do not have anything inside of me worth saying, so I am gonna quote these verses instead!

All verses from NLT
2 Timothy 1:7
For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.

2 Timothy 1:12
This is why I am suffering here in prison. But I am not ashamed of it, for I know the one in whom I trust, and I am sure that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him until the day of his return.

And my favorite verse I read this morning...2 Timothy 2:10
So I am willing to endure anything if it will bring salvation and eternal glory to those God has chosen.

So yeah...Praise God! I have said it before and I will say it again. I fear nothing I will encounter in Peru because I know God has called me there. I have confidence that he who began a good work with be faithful to complete it, and he can complete it anyway he sees fit.

On another note...I am going to two services today because I will not be at NewSpring Church for the next 7 weeks. I look forward to "enjoy(ing) the companionship of those who call on the Lord with pure hearts." (2 Timothy 2:22)

I WILL GO
Chase Culbertson

1 comment:

  1. Hey Culbertson.

    Sorry about the long name, something screwed up and I can't seem to find a fix for it.

    Anyway, may the Lord be at your side the whole way while you're down in Peru.

    Spread the good word of the Lord, do your part!

    Best of luck,
    Will Preston

    ReplyDelete