Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Invisible

Here we are in Arequipa and I am sitting in a beautiful room looking up at snow-capped volcanic mountains and reading the Word. Sounds like a great start to a morning...and it was! I decided to re-read Hebrews 11, then continue to finish the book but Hebrews 11:27 stopped me in my tracks. Here is what it says,

"It was by faith that Moses left the land of Egypt, not fearing the King's anger. He kept right on going because he kept his eyes on the one who is invisible."

I could talk about not caring what man can do to you, to be a rebel for Christ, but that isn't what hit me this morning.

Hmm...he kept his eyes on the one who is invisible?? WOW! That is complete and total faith. I cannot imagine a more amazing verse about our faith in God than this one.

I mean, think about it, we have faith in lots of things we cannot see. I am sitting in a chair, and of course you have all heard that analogy, so I will let it be. How about the force it takes to type the keys on this laptop? I cannot see the force, but I can definitely feel it when the keys are pressed in and words form on the screen. God is the force that tells the story of our life, it is an amazing force that we will never understand, however, we trust in Him for our life plans. What key is Jesus typing on your life's screen? I don't know what words Jesus is going to write on my life's screen, or when...or even why! But, I have faith in the invisible and with my eyes focused on Him, the rest is up to Him. Praise the One who knows beginning from the end and has my life in his hands.

So do you trust the one who is invisible?

I WILL GO
Chase Culbertson

No comments:

Post a Comment