Monday, June 22, 2009

Faith and Upcoming Plans.

This is the last day we will be in Oruillo until July 2nd. Here is our schedule:

23rd-25th: Arequipa through Ayaviri and Juliaca

26th: Nazca through Ica

26th-28th: Nazca

29th-1st: Cusco

2nd: Back here in Oruillo

Today we are going to talk to some people here in town and hopefully teach some people the Bible. We have spent some time at the local hospital trying to encourage nurses to start a bible study and they seem interested. Help us pray for creative ways to interest these people in studying about God. We are leaving some Bible stories with some people here in town and we are encouraging them to start bible studies while we are gone for a little while. We pray that when we come back on the 2nd that they will be ready to have a self-sufficent bible study.

We have all been reading in Hebrews and I love Chapter 11 so much! It is so nice to read of the faith of the great men of God from Biblical Times. May this verse help and encourage you: Hebrews 11:1 "Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see."

I was asked a tough question the other day while hanging out with some locals for lunch. The question was "How do we know there is a God?" First off, I was amazed that anyone here would ask that because God's creation is so beautiful all around us. But anyway, I told him that we have to have faith that he exists. Then, I said it is better to believe in God and be wrong than to not believe and be wrong. He pushed back with, "has there ever been a time when you felt God?" I told him about countless times when I would pray for guidance or peace and God would grant it to me. I told him about the many times that I would ask for a Bible verse for something I was dealing with and God would lead me straight there. He nodded his head and appeared content with my answer.

We visited a church in another village yesterday and it was awesome to see them worship Jesus in their native Quechua language. These people have very little compared to most in America, but they are thankful and faithful to God. There was one woman that had to be 90 and during prayer she would raise her frail, old hands to God and pray. Her life of faith has not gone unnoticed by me and I only spent 2 hours around her.

Now for my two tough questions for us...since I had to answer two tough ones the other day!
Will your life of faith go unnoticed?
Are you faithful with what you have been given?

May God strengthen all of us and help us to be faithful people.

I WILL GO
Chase Culbertson

No comments:

Post a Comment