Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Tomorrow...Yes Please.

I am so excited that I am leaving for Peru tomorrow. I am making my final preparations for the trip, doctor's visits, etc. and I cannot wait to get on a plane or four and head to Oruillo, Puno, Peru...that is like saying that I am in Anderson, South Carolina, USA...in case you were wondering. :)

I am reading 2 Timothy 4 today and God has been teaching me so much! Here are some quotes that encourage and challenge me.

"Preach the word of God. Be prepared, whether the time is favorable or not. Patiently correct, rebuke, and encourage your people with good teaching."

In case you didn't know, my main job in Peru is just this!! Encourage...therefore, I have to be prepared...no matter what!

Are you prepared? Are you ready to preach the Word no matter what the situation, circumstance, or how you feel that given day. It is time to step up, the summertime is NOT a time to take "time off" from your faith (there is not a "time off" for a real Christian). What can you do for God this summer? Think about it.

Ok...Got it??

Think again, dream bigger...

Got that thought?

Ok...that is still nothing compared to what God can do in your life!

Paul continues in 2 Timothy, chapter 4 by giving his final words to Timothy...he is close to death and he knows it. However, he says these words in 2 Timothy 4:7 that is every Christians hope for the end of their lives.

"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, and I have remained faithful."

This doesn't mean that Paul never sinned, it doesn't even mean that he never struggled with his old sin nature, but he always remained faithful to Christ. In the end, he could look back over his life and say with confidence that he remained faithful.

This is a heavy post...think about your life to this point...have you remained faithful???

May God grant mercy and grace upon all of us for our shortcomings.

I WILL GO
Chase Culbertson

No comments:

Post a Comment