Tuesday, June 16, 2009

High School in Peru and CMT Arrives!

Ok...so today has challenged me physically. I had not been feeling well when I went to bed last night and woke up feeling weird. I was never sick, but I just didn't feel well. It is a combination of dehydration, sunburn, and exhaustion...which comes from the dehydration and sunburn. I wasn't able to eat breakfast because I felt terrible, but I ate a couple of potatoes for lunch and drank enough powerade and water to drown a small child. So I am feeling a little better, and I am excited to eat dinner tonight!

This morning we went to the High School in the same village. We were asked all kinds of questions, but I ended up answering the most since I teach high school in the states. After answering questions about life in American High Schools, I was bombarded with questions about America in general. It was very fun to enlighten these high schoolers to the world outside of the altiplano of Peru. Since I had their attention, I shared my testimony and hopefully a seed was planted there. After my testimony, I showed them all the pictures I had on my camera and explained them...The Chill, My Classroom, My House, Some of My Family, etc...they were intrigued by all of them.

After being at the high school for a couple of hours, we started walking back towards Oruillo...luckily a Van with the CMT (Creative Ministries Team) pulled up and gave us a ride! It is a good thing because I know I was not going to make it back walking...I was too weak! But, the Lord provides!

We all came back to Oruillo and ate lunch, however, I felt weird so I ate very little, downed some Powerade and took a 2 hour nap.

Today was challenging, no doubt, but I can feel your prayers!

Tomorrow...we are going to the Primary School here in Oruillo so that the CMT can do skits, songs, and puppet shows. The CMT is an amazing group of college kids with a passion for serving Christ! Remember them in your prayers! They are college kids from all over the country, from FL to WI.

So recap on prayer requests :)
Oruillo Village/Barnabus Team (US)
Chupa Village Team
Ayrivi Village Team
Creative Ministries Team.

I WILL GO
Chase Culbertson

No comments:

Post a Comment