Saturday, June 20, 2009

The Weekend is here.

**Update on John of the Creative Ministries Team**
John is recovering in Juliaca and should be able to stay in Peru! He had an intestinal blockage, which was fixed, now he is on meds for an infection in his pancreas, but it is minor and he will be fine!

We had a productive Friday but also very busy! We started out by biking to Batsapata, about 3.5 miles away. I am starting to get used to the elevation and didn't have to hard a time getting there. One thing that has surprised me is that I get sunburnt very easily here. I didn't think about how thin the air is and how high in elevation we are. After all, we are about 11,000 feet closer to the sun than I am used to! Anyway, we told bible stories, taught English, played volleyball, sang songs, and got to see the primary school practicing a native dance for the big competition this week! It was awesome!! They even brought us chairs to get a good view and we just enjoyed the performance.

In the afternoon, we made our trek back to Oruillo. We took an hour break, then it was out on the town! We went to a store and talked about Jesus, we went to a Hospital and talked about Jesus, and we were able to get people to allow us to come back and teach them more! The main objective of our trip is to start bible studies that continue after we leave and this curiousity is the first step in that.

Today...we are going to stay in Oruillo and mingle with the locals. We are revisiting some people and doing bible studies with them.

Tomorrow...we are going to church in a nearby village, about 15 minutes walking. They have service from 10-12, 1-3 so we will attend those and then come back to do a bible study at the Hospital at 4.

The work here is slow, but we are confident. Many of these people are Catholic, but when you ask them what they know about the Bible, they can't answer. It is just like what I teach in small groups and at THE CHILL, you have to be in the Word!!

Pray for Divine Appointments for us.

We are leaving on Tuesday for Arequipa, I will have my computer, but updates may be slow.

On an amazing note to anyone who knows me...I have not had anything Carbonated all week. Also, I have had less than 3 cups of coffee all week.

I WILL GO
Chase Culbertson

1 comment:

  1. Hey dude!

    I will be praying for all those bible studies you guys have scheduled!!! I know it may be frustrating when things don't work out, but GOD is in control!!! Praying for you dude!!! It sounds like there are is a lot of potential for some Leaders!!! That is exciting!!! All it takes is one person to start the fire!!!

    Until All Have Heard,
    Tommy Leach

    ReplyDelete